Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hattin' YT - My Youtube Account

Lately, I have been very 'slow' on making videos on my roxannehilton2 account on Youtube, and I have spent a good three years on the account, but I would like to end it. I wrote this update here because I don't like too much stuff in my information box, so I posted a link, like a note. Well, the main thing: I am leaving YT, my account is still open, my videos are still there, and why I am leaving....

*Updates, Important to 'Friends' & Subscribers ! *
Hi, again. The majority of people have known that I have spent three good years here, making videos, making friendships, and so forth. I have really enjoyed everything. But all things must come to an end, and so I figured that I will stop making videos or any further communication with users on the web. I have various reasons on why I am leaving, and I have three of them. So I though I'd post these... 1.) Copyright - for YT users who make their videos with audio (music) that is not created by themselves (meaning the creator of the video is  placing a band or other artists' music on there video/s) will most usually be filled for what is called a "Copyright Claim". This is a claim made by Youtube stating that you practically 'stole' the audio, and it is not yours. At first, I thought that they meant that the audio I was using in my videos wasn't paid for (buying the songs properly), but I found out that this was not the whole case - I recently decided to go further into  reading Youtube's 'Copyright Guide' and it stated that "even if you bought the audio, you will be filled for copyright problems. Look on the FAQ Of Copyright, it states this: *Q.I purchased this myself! *A.Just because you paid for a DVD, CD, or MP3 doesn't necessarily mean that you own all of the necessary rights to upload it to Youtube. Even if you give the copyright owner credit, posting these videos on Youtube may violate copyright law.' [End]... Hm. This upsets me, because I am sure if we gave big money to Youtube we'd not run into this stuff, just look at Vevo, and anyway, Vevo is a 'real' company and have asked for permission. Sometimes I really wonder if they do at times. Probably  2.) I have no more ideas nor time. 3.) The account is not as successful as it was in video making. Well that's all. My accounts still up, and hey, I sign in every once in awhile to check out whats going on. Thanks for the awesome years! :-)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment